This page introduced the best 10 desktop and online video editing software in 2022 that is similar to the popular video editing app CapCut, discover its features, pros, and cons to see if it fits you.
Saturday September 3, 2022 12:37 PM PDT by Karen Greene
CapCut Alternatives for PC
Table of Contents
Part 1. What is CapCut and is CapCut Available for PC?
Part 2. 4 Best CapCut Alternatives for Windows
Part 3. 3 Best CapCut Alternatives for Mac
Part 4. 3 Best CapCut Alternatives Online
CapCut PC Alternatives: FAQs
CapCutvideo editing mobile app is quite well received by the video editing lovers community for its practicality, extensive features it has to offer, and ease of use on mobile devices. Unfortunately, the CapCut app is developed for mobile devices and it’s not compatible with desktop devices. Many of our users have asked, are there any good CapCut alternatives that work on PC and laptops? Excitingly, on this page, we’ll be introducing the 10 best CapCut alternative programs for Windows, Mac, Chromebook, and Online.
By the way, since CapCut is a free video editing app, we have reason to believe that you’re looking for costless video editing options for your computer, thus this page will only introduce CapCut free alternatives for PC. No worries, they are just as powerful as the paid ones. Before we started, let’s learn how to use CapCut templates.
What is CapCut and is CapCut Available for PC?
CapCut is an all-in-one video editing app used as the default video editing tool by the TikTok app, which is one of the most popular video-oriented social platforms that enjoys billions of traffic every single day. CapCut itself is a free video editing app for iPhones and Android phones, it’s so powerful that it can meet practically any creator’s needs.
Yet as CapCut is developed for mobile phones, it doesn’t have native support for computers. For users who have gotten accustomed to the CapCut’s interface and features, that’s definitely a bummer.
4 Best CapCut Alternatives for Windows
To get started, I’d love to introduce some well-received video editors like CapCut for PC.
In this part, you’ll learn about what are some excellent desktop video editors like CapCut that can help you edit videos on Windows PC. The following are the 10 best 4 windows applications like CapCut, they are free, easy to use, and they cover most CapCut key features such as splitting, velocity edit, filters, effect, stickers, text, music addition, etc.
Edit Video with FilmForth no Watermarks
FilmForth is the best video editor like CapCut for PC overall, it’s a free and full-featured video editing app like CapCut on Windows 10 and Windows 11. It covers most video editing features you can think of: trimming, cropping, adding stickers, chroma-keying, adding transitions, quality special effects, and even making a YouTube introfrom templates.
It can be easily downloaded and installed from Microsoft Store, and it has an intuitive interface that helps you edit videos with simple clicks. It’s free to use, multifunctional, watermark-free, and friendly for beginners, which makes it the best alternative to CapCut app on Windows.
– Learn more about FilmForth video editor
- Easy for beginners to get started
- CapCut-like interface and editing experience
- Extensive video editing features
- A bit limited regard to professional video editing options
- Takes a little bit longer to edit and export 4K videos
- The program is only available on Windows, and from Microsoft Store
CapCut Alternative: Filmora 11
Filmora is a popular piece of video editing software by Wondershare. The latest updated version, Filmora 11, with unlimited personalization options, has made it an excellent alternative to CapCut on Windows PCs. The only rough edge is that it has watermarks in its export videos. Recently we’ve uncovered the solution to exporting Filmora to MP4 without watermarks.
– Learn more from the Filmora 11 review
- Many pre-built elements for better creation
- Offers simple templates for beginner’s editing
- Much attention is paid to the details of operations
- Huge watermarks in the exports in the free version
- Leads you to some web pages for certain functions, which takes too much time
- Too many functions and libraries lead to sluggish performance
CapCut Alternative: VideoPad
VideoPad developed by NCH software is another free and novice-friendly video editor like CapCut for PC, and it can meet your daily needs with a lot of basic but practical functions. It has a small file size and it downloads and installs quickly, making VideoPad a great video editor like CapCut that works on Windows PC and laptops.
– Learn more from the VideoPad Review
- Operation guides for you to get started
- Supports 360-degree video editing
- Supports DVD burning and watching on TV
- Pop-up windows in the free version
- The video editing tools can be too basic for professionals
- There’re errors in certain functionalities
CapCut Alternative: HitFilm Express
What I personally love most about HitFilm Express, and the reason that it resembles CapCut, is that it provides users with a video effects bundle encompassing more than 600 video special effects like flashes, glitch, blasting, etc. Generally, for this amount of effects, you need a paid subscription to video editors like Premiere Pro, yet HitFilm Express managed to make it, just like CapCut app on your mobile.
– Learn more from the HitFilm Express Review
- Free to use and has an affordable paid version
- Powerful editing and so many video special effects
- A good many gorgeous video special effects
- A bit hard to get started, and the tutorial support is barely satisfactory
- Occasional crashing issues were reported on certain operating systems
- Many effects require the installation of plug-ins
3 Best CapCut Alternatives for Mac
After introducing the best CapCut alternatives for Windows, here comes the choices for Mac PC users. The following are the best 3 video editors like CapCut for Mac PCs. Their interfaces and functionality have been auspiciously integrated with the Mac system and they work great on Mac PC.
CapCut Alternative: iMovie
The second great video sticker editor is iMovie, the free video editing application already installed on your iPhone, Mac PC, and Mac laptop, it can be used to conduct basic video editing purposes。iMovie is a preinstalled video editing application on your Mac computer that allows you to conduct basic video editing needs, such as adding text to videos, and adding music to videos.
– Learn more from the iMovie Review
- Comes preinstalled on iPhones and Mac PCs
- Sets of built-in sound effects for video editing
- Allows forsharing/editing your project to/on other Apple devices and Final Cut Pro
- Doesn’t support live photos or plug-ins
- iMovie application is only available on macOS and iOS
- Takes up too much storage space on your device
CapCut Alternative: DaVinci Resolve
With DaVinci Resolve you can edit your videos on both Mac and Windows PCs. You can create as many timelines and versions of the same project as you want. It has a free model, which is also available for beginners. With it, you can easily conduct complicated editing, like copying the color grading from one clip and pasting it to numerous clips quickly and efficiently. Moreover, the support for 3D videos has made DaVinci Resolve the best CapCut alternative for 3D videos.
– Learn more from the Davinci Resolve Review
- A free video editor with professional tools
- OpenFX plug-ins can be used to add functions
- A whole set of video editing functions converting anything you want
- Not the most user-friendly one
- Video editing knowledge is required for using DaVinci Resolve
- The video editing performance gets laggy if not set up correctly
CapCut Alternative: Lightworks
If you’re thinking of a non-linear video editing program with features similar to CapCut, then Lightworks video editor deserves a mention. In the past, it was only available on a paid basis, now you can download a free version, which is fully working – one of the big advantages. Not only is Lightworks easy to use, but it is also powerful that it’s even used in film productions. Compared with many other options, Lightworks appears to be an attractive alternative to CapCut and other video editing apps.
– Learn more from the Lightworks Review
- Flexibility in managing video editing workplace windows
- 4K video editing is supported in Lightworks
- Many easy to use and eye-pleasing video effects
- The interface of a different and unfamiliar style
- Limited video editing features in the free version
- Not enough free transitions as in the CapCut app
3 Best CapCut Alternatives Online
Are you searchingfor CapCut online? If so, I can assure you that there’s no official version of CapCut online editing app, all you’ll find is the app download page for CapCut on iOS and Android. However, there are many good and safe CapCut online alternatives.
The following are the best 3 CapCut alternative online video editors. Most of them are web-based services that you can use online in a web browser like Chrome. They work with Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook, and other PC systems.
For more online video editing options, please see our post of 22 Best Online Video Editors.
CapCut Alternative: Kapwing
Kapwing is an online video editing service that enables you to edit videos in a web browser on Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. Kapwing does have a paid plan, but they offer a wide scope of video editing features for free, and there are no watermarks in the export videos.
It does have lagging issues or invalid errors when dealing with larger video files, but its overall performance is satisfying.
- Many supported video formats
- Exports videos without quality loss
- Time-limited watermark-free export
- Connection issues even if you’re in good network condition
CapCut Alternative: Clipchamp
Clipchamp is another online video editor that is like CapCut app on phones. Clipchamp includes both basic and professional elements in its editing tools, and the interface is clean. Just like Kapwing, the performance of online video editors can be subject to the size of video clips and your internet connection, but it works great in most cases.
With Clipchamp, it becomes easier to tell your stories through video, even if you haven’t been trained to edit videos.
- Ample stock video footage for further editing
- Smooth editing experience
- Laggy when editing multiple video clips
- A paid subscription is required for most stock content
CapCut Alternative: CC Express
Adobe Creative Cloud Express, formerly Adobe Spark, is a unified task-based, free online video editing service developed by Adobe. It has both web and mobile app that allows video editing beginners to edit videos in a fascinating way with simple drags and drops. And with the premade editing templates and designs, even beginners can make fabulous videos, just like on CapCut.
- Ready-made, beautiful graphics that are easy to add your own ideas to
- Quite an eye-pleasing interface and the ease of use
- Constrictive secondary text highlight
- Not the most intuitive web video editor UI
CapCut PC Alternatives: FAQs
Can You Get CapCut on PC?
No, you can’t get the CapCut app on your PC, not directly, as CapCut is designed for mobile phones and is incompatible with PC operating systems. However, there are workarounds such as using an Android emulator, which allows you to use the CapCut app on a PC. But if you find it troublesome, always try the recommended CapCut alternatives for PC in this post.
What is the Best CapCut Alternative for PC?
As we have already mentioned in this post, the best CapCut alternative overall for PC is FilmForth. FilmForth is a free video editing program for Windows that is watermark-free, feature-rich, and easy to use.
Is There a CapCut Video Editor for PC?
Currently, there’s no CapCut Video Editor for PC, however, there are some other free video editing apps that are just like CapCut, and they can work on Windows, Mac, Linux, and other PC systems. They include FilmForth, Filmora X, VideoPad, and more.
Is There an App Like CapCut for PC?
Yes, there are some great PC applications that have CapCut similar features and interfaces, including FilmForth, DaVinci Resolve, Filmora X, and more. And you’re about to find 10 CapCut alternatives in this post.
Is There a CapCut Online No Download?
No, CapCut is a mobile application that only works on Android and Mac PCs. There’s no CapCut online that allows you to edit videos online without downloading.
What’s the Best CapCut Alternative for Android?
There’s an ocean of video editing apps that work on Android and Mac that have similar features as CapCut. And in our opinion, the best CapCut alternative for Android overall is the KineMaster app.
Why is CapCut Not Working?
The video editing app CapCut may stop working on your mobile phone because of internet connection issues, exceeded cache storage, system bug, crashing issues, older versions, etc. A practical way of resolving the CapCut not working issue is using a CapCut alternative app instead, you can easily the best CapCut alternatives from this post.
To Sum Up
That’ll be all the best video editors like CapCut but work on PC! According to the test results, these video editing apps are functional and are just like CapCut when working. I hope you like what I have introduced and have found yourself a solid CapCut alternative for your Windows, Mac, or Linux PC. Any insights? Please share with us in the comment section below!
And if you’d love the information about CapCut alternative editing apps, read also our post on 20 Best Video Editing Apps for iOS and Android.
More Related Articles
- Top 10 MP4 to MP3 Converters
- The Best Windows Movie Maker Alternatives
- Top 3 Apps to Convert YouTube to MP3 for iPhone
- 10 Recommended Chroma Key Software
- 12 Best Video Editing Software for YouTube
Karen is a professional writer with a background in column writing who enjoys resolving complex topics and explaining them in interesting ways.